Trends in Lighting - Part 3
Filed under "Blog Post"
More articles »
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Article by: Electric Wholesale
BENEFITS OF LED LIGHTING:
You probably have heard a lot about benefits/advantages of using LED lighting and how it is more energy efficient, but is has even more advantages than you may think. Here are some we have come up with:
- It is by far the most eco-friendly way of illumination
- Some LED’s have a live expectation of up to 100.000 hours. This would be about 11 years of continuous operation, or 22 years for 50% operation.
- LED illumination produces little infrared light and close to no UV emissions
- They can be combined into any shape to produce highly efficient illumination. Individual LEDs can be dimmed, resulting in a dynamic control of light, color and distribution.
- LED’s do not give off heat as an incandescent would.
- Technology, and designs for LED’s is always evolving and getting better, this is both good for us as the supplier, and you as the consumer.
Each home has a certain style. We like to fit the lighting to that style. Whether it be traditional or modern. When selecting lighting with a customer we like to find out what they envision in a space. From there we will come up with packages, and lighting families, that look good together in a space. This differs from house to house but here are a few standards on fans and led disks we like to use:
HALO DISK LIGHTS:
These replace recessed cans and flush-mount fixtures. They are a low profile surface trim with the look of a traditional downlight with a LED life of 50,000 hours or 45 years (based on 3 hours per day.) These are a sleek alternative to your everyday can light, not to mention much more energy efficient.
Halo disk lights in a kitchen
Our standards on fans sometimes vary from house to house, however we like to use Minka Aire fans. We back our fans with a 1 year warranty on light kits and a life time warranty on the motor of the fan. We also will provide technical repair, within one year of purchase.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.